
No resolutions to speak of but we are looking forward to 2007. Reece is now 17 months old and Kallan will be three in February; they make every day an adventure.
I read somewhere that what you do on New Year's Day sets the stage for the rest of the year--apparently, this is why you are supposed to kiss someone you love right away. Well, we didn't get up too early, ate good food (cheese fondue is on the menu for the evening), relaxed, played with the kids, started this blog, and even painted a bit. I did break down after lunch and wash some laundry, but I would be seriously delusional if I thought I could escape that task for the rest of the year by simply ignoring the pile in the hamper on January 1st. We also watched Heffalump, but we survived last New Year's without being exposed to the charm of Roo's "expodition in Heffalump Holler" and being thus uninitiated did not spare us from repetitive viewing experiences during 2006. It remains to be seen if this year is significantly more Heffalumpy due to this possible lapse in judgement. Otherwise, I would say the year is off to an auspicious start.
No comments:
Post a Comment